Salvador da Bahia was full of news for FDI! Elections for board and committees, a nomination of a new Interim Executive Director and new ambitious projects.
Jérôme Estignard is the new IED of FDI, who I would like to specially congratulate. Likewise, I would like to salute the 4 councillors and the 10 committee members that were elected or re-elected at the General Assembly B of the FDI Annual World Dental Congress. To them I send my best wishes for great work within the FDI. Together we can create better and healthier smiles around the world!
I would also like to congratulate those who were not elected. Thank you for being available for FDI. Thank you for your courage and your capacity!
I came out of this parliament very enthusiastic with the projects that FDI has for the future. Hereby, I would like to highlight:
- The Global Caries Initiative – is a profession-led to eradicate caries until 2010;
- VOX programme – an online tool for FDI members for better connections and building “bridges”;
- FDI Africa Strategy – to strengthen organizational capacities and capabilities of FDI member national dental associations and to promote oral health in Africa. An important conference in Durban, South Africa, is being prepared.
- Diabetes Press Conference – in an important joint conference between FDI / WHO / UNEP.
- FDI Business Plan – discussed at the Open Forum and presented to GA. It is very important for FDI to developed a plan and a new direction for FDI members, partners and stakeholders.
- Post Congress Report.
I also addressed at the GA my point of view about my believes for the FDI, under the theme:
- Communication & Reputation Management: a new approach – it was the theme of my lecture at the GA. I do believe that communication has to recover its strategic role and function within the FDI in the future.
And the Future will be in Mexico City, at the next FDI AWDC which will take place from 14-17th September 2011. There I’ll assume the role of FDI President.
I’m sure that it will be a Great Congress with our Mexican colleagues working on it! I believe that oral health worldwide will increase even more its importance with all of those steps and with the involvement of all of us. That’s why it’s very important all our mobilization to the promotion of the FDI 2011 AWDC!
Where there’s a will there’s a way…